Church Media Showing Record-breaking Growth
February 6, 2015
The year of 2014 saw the highest number of visitors ever to the United Church of God website at UCG.org—6.89 million unique visitors! This is up from the previous high in 2013 of 6.4 million unique visitors—a 7.6% increase. And currently, Alexa.com ranks UCG.org in the top 20 in the world among Christian denomination websites!
Our goal, and a rather challenging one, is for UCG.org to become the leading online Christian content source. To accomplish this requires God’s blessing, talent, teamwork, employee involvement, member involvement and hard work. We pray that we will continue to make good progress in this regard.
The 2014 calendar year saw more than 48,000 responses to our Beyond Today broadcast. This is the best year so far, and a 17% increase over 2013.
Here are some encouraging figures as of January 31 this year:
- United News circulation is the highest it’s been in almost 4 years—13,301.
- Our coworker count is now the highest it’s ever been—3,694 (17% higher than a year ago).
- Our donor list now includes 7,258 people. That’s a 50% increase over the same time last year.
- Combined with our coworkers, we now have more of our readers and viewers contributing to the work of the Church than the total number of members in the U.S.
- 2014 was an all-time record for the number of personal correspondence (PC) answers sent.
- Pieces of mail containing donations for December 2014 were the highest since United began—8,233—an 82% increase over December 2013.
Please continue your ongoing prayers for success in preaching the gospel of the Kingdom of God around the world, and for God’s blessing on the work of His Church in this age.
Peter Eddington—Media and Communications Services