New Airtime Opportunities for “Beyond Today”
December 4, 2011
Additional Cable/Satellite Television Network to Air Beyond Today
We are very pleased to report that Beyond Today will soon begin airing on another cable/satellite television network! As you know, our programs have been airing nationwide on WGN America since July 2010 with excellent results. As we continue our fine relationship with WGN America we will now also add the WORD Network to our television lineup.
While WGN America is a secular network reaching an audience of 75 million U.S. households, the Word Network telecasts exclusively to a religious audience of over 85 million households in all 210 U.S. media markets. Most interestingly, it also reaches viewers in nearly 200 other countries around the world via satellite.
Beginning December 27, 2011, our programs will air twice a week on the Word Network at the following airtimes:
- Tuesdays at 2:30 p.m. EST, 1:30 p.m. CST, 12:30 p.m. MST, 11:30 a.m. PST.
- Sundays at 1:30 a.m. EST, 12:30 a.m. CST, 11:30 p.m. MST (Saturday), 10:30 p.m. PST (Saturday).
While the Tuesday airtimes have been selected to test weekday viewership and response in the United States, the Saturday/Sunday airtimes were chosen particularly to reach points eastward during daylight hours in many nations. For example, Beyond Today will air on Sundays in the United Kingdom at 6:30 a.m.; France, Italy and Poland at 7:30 a.m.; South Africa and Israel at 8:30 a.m.; Philippines at 2:30 p.m.; South Korea and Japan at 3:30 p.m.; Sydney, Australia at 5:30 p.m.; and New Zealand at 6:30 p.m.
Besides testing our programs on the WORD Network we will also make the folllowing airtime changes beginning January 1, 2012:
- On Chicago’s ION network station WCPX-TV, Beyond Today will move from it’s current Sunday time of 9:30 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- Our Sunday airtime on San Francisco’s ION network station KKPX-TV, will move from 10 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- No airtime change will occur on the ION network station KPNX-TV in Los Angeles.
- We will discontinue our telecasts on CBS affiliate station KIRO-TV in Seattle, Washington, due to insufficient response.
As we take the important step of testing Beyond Today on the WORD Network, we certainly ask for your vital prayers that many people will not only watch Beyond Today but respond to the wonderful good news of God’s soon coming Kingdom.
Peter Eddington—Operation Manager, Media and Communications Services