Canadian Office Provides Exciting TV Report
May 2, 2011
The United Church of God television program, Beyond Today, has been on the air in Canada for almost 5 years. During that time we’ve had over 16,350 responses for an average of 63.4 per week. Nearly one third of all the responses have come in our fifth year and 9 of the 10 programs with the highest number of responses came during the same period. We’ve reached over 9,200 new people since the program began.
Breaking down the responses further, over 77% of the responses were a direct result of people watching the program on television. They have either called the toll-free number or have written to us. The balance of the responses were from the Beyond Today website.
Many of our viewers have written to us expressing appreciation for the program. They like the way various topics are addressed. We’ve had a number of viewers ask questions and inquire about Sabbath services across the country. Several pastors report that some viewers have begun to attend Sabbath services and Holy Day services.
The program can be viewed at 10:30 a.m. EST Sunday on Grace Television® and at 10:30 p.m. EST Sunday on Vision TV®. Both networks are available nationwide on cable and/or satellite. Over the years we’ve been able to secure more favourable air times on Vision TV®. A survey indicates that about 5 out of 6 viewers watch the program on Sunday evening.
The topics that are on viewers’ minds include Holy Days and holidays, finances, heaven/hell/death, and prophecy. Programs that have brought the highest responses were:
- Egypt in Bible Prophecy (aired April 3-9, 2011)
- Getting Control of Your Money (3rd time it aired November 14-20, 2010)
- Getting Control of Your Money (1st time it aired July 11-17, 2010)
- Will I Go to Hell? (2nd time it aired March 27-April 2, 2010)
- Get to Know Your Bible (aired March 6-12, 2011)
- Easter Exposed (2nd time it aired April 17-23, 2011)
- The Rapture: Fact or Fiction? (aired November 21-27, 2010)
- Armageddon in Your Lifetime (2nd time it aired October 19-25, 2008)
- Easter Exposed (1st time it aired March 13-19, 2011)
- The Moment After You Die (aired January 9-15, 2011)
The average number of responses we received during the first year of airing the program in Canada was 33.9 per week. In our fifth year, the average has more than tripled to 112.1 per week. For the past 8 weeks we’ve averaged 147.3 responses per week.
As we move into our sixth year of airing Beyond Today in Canada, we look forward to many more positive results from the program as God directs our efforts. We certainly appreciate prayers for continued success.
Ed van Pelt—Treasurer and Office Manager, UCG Canada