The New UCG.org—Coming May 2011
March 23, 2011
In February 2010, the United Church of God Media and Communications Services department began working on a project to redesign and reorganize UCG’s Web presence. The project was started to meet a number of needs that the United Church of God has in preaching the gospel on the Internet, especially as we move further into the information age.
The new website is designed to focus on content that will be relevant to what you are looking for. A team of diligent part-time workers and volunteers has spent hundreds of hours cataloging (assigning topics and keywords) all the articles, sermons, commentaries, videos, audio files, Beyond Today programs, booklets and other material the United Church of God has produced over the past 16 years. In doing so, the site’s content is dynamically linked from one resource to another helping you find the answers to your questions.
Here is just a brief list of some of the new features to be released in May at UCG.org.
- Website user accounts.
- Author pages with bio information, photo and content produced by that author.
- Online chat with other website user account friends.
- Powerful and enhanced search engine.
- User friendly mobile version.
- MP3 recordings of various booklets and publications.
- Recipe section (biblically clean).
- Commenting on posted content.
- United Church of God congregation finder (by zip code).
Read more about the upcoming launch of the new UCG.org at this link. With God’s blessing and your prayerful support, this will be a great step forward in our online effort to preach the good news of God’s Kingdom.
Aaron Booth—Internet Managing Editor