GN Survey Shows Positive Feedback
January 15, 2011
We have now done four online surveys for Good News readers after the printing and mailing on the most recent four issues. Results of the most recent survey, which closed in November with 154 responses, were very similar. Once again results showed a very positive attitude toward the magazine (see a sampling of comments at the end).
Following is a summary of the survey feedback:
- 83% said they were satisfied with the Good News magazine; 16% were fairly satisfied; 0.6% said they were not very satisfied and none said they were not satisfied at all. Similar percentages found it helpful or not helpful.
- 54% rated the November-December issue excellent; 26% rated it above average; 19% rated it good and 1.3% rated it below average or disappointing.
- 74% of respondents had read the cover article on ”How Can you Manage Marriage Stress in Troubled Times?” This was also the most-read article in the issue. Even for the least-read article, 46% of respondents said they had read it.
- 40% said they read each issue cover to cover; 44% said they read most articles; 14% said they read some articles and 3% said they skim the magazine or don’t read it.
- 82% of respondents had requested or downloaded one or more booklets and 79% had visited the Good News Web site in the last six months.
- 82% took the time to write personal comments, which again were overwhelmingly positive and appreciative (see a sampling of comments at the end).
- Respondents were 65% male and 35% female.
- Age breakdown of respondents was 1% under 20; 5% 21-30; 14% 31-40; 30% 41-50; 21% 51-60; 17% 61-70; 10% 71-80 and 2% over 80. Overall, this was considerably younger than the previous survey, presumably because the lead article on marriage was more appealing to a somewhat younger demographics.
- 16% had subscribed less than one year; 20% had subscribed for 1 to 2 years; 21% had subscribed for 2 to 3 years; 35% had subscribed for more than 3 years and 8% read it online only (a large increase from the 5 percent figure in the previous survey).
The types of articles responders said they were “very interested” in were ranked as follows:
- Bible prophecy — 86%
- Bible history/background — 84%
- Bible doctrine — 83%
- Christian living — 82%
- Family issues — 71%
- Practical help/guidance — 68%
- World news analysis — 66%
- Marriage — 63%
- Social issues analysis — 60%
- Parenting/child-rearing — 51%
- Youth/teenagers — 38%
These responses ranked higher on family and social issues than in previous surveys, most likely because of the cover theme on marriage.
For this survey we again asked readers to check their religious affiliation. Overall results were similar to previous results.
What do our readers say? Here’s a brief sampling of messages left by those who took the survey:
- “From the time I discovered started reading The Good News, I am growing more spiritually, and understanding the Bible more. May the blessing of the LORD be with you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- “I am very grateful for the work you do. It has helped me very much, especially to understand, follow and forecast current events and how these play out in the end time. Please keep doing the good work.”
- “All I can say is may God give you more resources to share and shape the body of Christ as you have shaped me.”
- “In today’s very evil, wicked, and crime infested world, I appreciate all your articles coming from Bible based-Scripture quoted sentences. I need these reminders in my heart, and in my mind in order for me to stay focused on what matters most in my life. I need Jesus Christ to be with me 24-7 and with every breath that I take. . . I commend all of you, who take God’s Word the BIBLE seriously, and for bringing us the TRUTH of all God’s word says for all of us who choose to be diligently seeking, reading, and applying the WORD of GOD. . . . . Keep up your wonderful work in Our Good Lord Jesus Christ.”
- “We need good Christian magazines to keep our faith growing and to refresh our spiritual minds, and to lead us towards understanding God better and also to reach out to the need of every day Christian queries and doubts. And that is found in the Good News magazine. Thank You Good News magazine.”
- “I just want to say that you guys have really helped me in my personal walk with God. I thoroughly enjoy the readings because they are very interesting and relate to every day issues of life which hits home for me every time. Please don’t ever stop doing God’s work because you all are touching lives. You’ve certainly touched mine. Thank you.”
- “I truly enjoy reading this wonderful magazine. Keep up the good works!”
- “Please continue—it is a blessing to me and I’m sure to countless other people.”
- “I pastor a small church as lay pastor and I find this magazine so helpful to get across points that I believe in such as holidays, economics, prophecies and of the things God wants and expects us to do if we are to have eternal life.”
- “Thank you so much for your awesome magazine. It has helped me through some tough times. It is good to know some people believe in the TRUTH.”
- “Praise God for you guys and may He bless you richly.”
- “I think that it is a very outstanding magazine and everyone should read it if it is all possible, I just love all the things that it covers. I just love it.”
- “This is the only publication I have found that helps me to understand what’s actually happening in the world! What can be said for the wealth of knowledge that goes into the magazine and the booklets. The world so badly needs the information contained it this magazine and the booklets!”
- “Simply the best!!!!”
- “I am so glad I get your magazines, I often share them with other Christians and non-Christians when interested. Your magazine is the protein that gives me spiritual muscles.”
Scott Ashley—Managing editor, The Good News