GCE Summary Sunday Morning
May 2, 2010
Here is a summary of Sunday morning’s events and presentations for the annual meeting of the General Conference of Elders being held in Cincinnati, Ohio:
- Annual General Conference of Elders meeting began.
- First, introduction of new elders for 2009-2010.
- Balloting for seats on the Council of Elders.
- Balloting for Strategic Plan, Operation Plan and Budget.
- Balloting for several amendments to our governing documents.
- Victor Kubik keynote address. The topic was reconciliation & fulfilling our mission—going into all the world with the gospel.
- Five GCE International Reports from Nigeria, Portugal, New Zealand, Canada and British Isles. Very inspiring stories to hear.
- Gary Antion gave a special tribute to our deceased elders & wives from 2009-2010. Eight tributes this year. A very moving presentation.
Peter Eddington, Media and Communications Services